Are Polyurethane Wheels Good?
May. 30, 2020
The structure of polyurethane castor wheels is made up of single wheels mounted on a bracket, which is used to be installed under the equipment to make it move freely.
Casters are mainly divided into two categories:
A fixed caster: The fixed bracket is equipped with a single wheel and can only move along a straight line.
B movable caster: 360-degree steering bracket with a single wheel can drive in any direction at will.
Installation height: refers to the vertical distance from the ground to the equipment installation location. The installation height of the casters refers to the large vertical distance from the bottom of the casters to the sides of the wheels.
Bracket steering center distance: refers to the horizontal distance from the vertical line of the center rivet to the center of the wheel core.
The user is responsible for the proper maintenance and operation of polyurethane casters. To avoid improper use or equipment. If it needs to be overloaded, it should be put on the car lightly. High-speed driving on rough roads or heavy objects hitting the wheels will cause damage to the wheels or equipment. Therefore, please check regularly: If the movable steering cannot turn freely, check the ball for corrosion or dirt. If fixed casters are installed, the wheel bracket must be free from bending.
Pu Castor Wheels
Brackets and fasteners for PU Castor Wheels: Tighten loose wheels and nuts and check the welds or support plates for damage. Overload or impact can cause the bracket to twist. The twisted bracket makes the heavy load lean on the individual wheels and cause the wheels to fail prematurely. If it is a caster type caster, tighten the nut or firmly rivet and ensure that the equipment mounting bracket is not bent and the insert is installed correctly. When we install Korean casters, lock nuts or lock washers should be used. The installation of the expansion rod caster must ensure that the rod is firmly installed in the sleeve. Lubrication Regularly add lubricating oil, wheels and movable bearings can be used for a long time. Applying grease to the friction area of the wheel shaft seal ring and roller bearing can reduce friction and make the rotation more flexible. Under normal circumstances, lubricate every six months. After the car is cleaned every month, the wheels should be lubricated. The wheels should be inspected visually for wear. The poor rotation of the wheels is related to debris such as thin red ropes. The anti-wrap cover can stop the winding of this debris. Too loose or too tight casters are another factor. Replace broken wheels/casters to avoid unstable rotation. After checking and replacing the wheels, make sure that the wheel shaft is tightened with lock washers and nuts. Because loose axles will cause the spokes and brackets to rub and become stuck. Replacement wheels and bearings should be prepared to avoid loss of production. If the caster movement is too loose, it must be replaced immediately. If the center rivet of the caster is fixed by a nut, it must be tightly locked.
If we don't pay much attention when using casters. It is easy to cause damage to the casters, which will greatly reduce the service life of the casters. Therefore, correctly master the method of using casters. It will have a good impact on the service life of casters. The following usage methods will cause wear, deformation, deterioration, and damage to the casters.
1. Please do not exceed the large load of the instructions, the overload will cause accidents.
2. Do not use in special environments such as acid, alkali, salt, oil, water, etc.
3. Please do not forcibly transfer the brake pads to the wheels.
4. Please do not walk on the ground where the difference in height is large or uneven.
5. Do not use it in special places with temperature and temperature end. (Such as steam room, cold storage special environment).
6. Please do not forcibly hit the brake pads with a hammer. Press the [ON / Separate] part of the brake pads properly and release the brakes.
7. Please do not use it for a long time under the trailer or traction operation.
8. Please do not park on the inclined ground.
Users should pay attention to the following items when purchasing polyurethane casters:
1. Select the caster material: consider the size of the caster road surface, obstacles, residual substances on the site (such as iron filings, grease), the environmental conditions (such as high temperature, normal temperature or low temperature) and the weight the wheel can carry Conditions to determine the choice of suitable wheel material. For example: rubber wheels are not resistant to acids, greases and chemicals. Super polyurethane wheels, high-strength polyurethane wheels, nylon wheels, steel wheels and high-temperature wheels can be used in different special environments.
2. Calculate the load-bearing weight of casters: In order to be able to calculate the required load-bearing capacity of various casters, it is necessary to know the weight of the transport equipment, the heavy load and the number of single wheels and casters used.
3. What determines the size of the caster wheel diameter: Generally, the larger the wheel diameter, the easier it is to propel, the greater the load capacity and the greater the ability to protect the ground from damage. Thrust to decide.
4. Selection of soft and hard materials for casters: Usually the wheels include nylon wheels, super polyurethane wheels, high-strength polyurethane wheels, high-strength synthetic rubber wheels, iron wheels, and air pump wheels. Super polyurethane wheels and high-strength polyurethane wheels can meet your handling requirements no matter when they are driven indoors or outdoors; high-strength synthetic rubber wheels can be applied to hotels, medical equipment, floors, wooden floors, tile floors It is required to drive on a quiet and quiet ground when walking; nylon wheels and iron wheels are suitable for places with uneven ground or iron filings on the ground; and air pumps are suitable for occasions with light loads and soft uneven roads.
5. How to test the rotation flexibility of the rubber caster: the larger the single wheel is, the more laborious the rotation is, the roller bearing can carry a heavier load, and the resistance during rotation is greater: the (bearing steel) ball bearing installed on the single wheel can bear Heavier load, lighter rotation, flexible and quiet.
6. The temperature conditions of the casters in the use environment: the severe cold and high temperature have a great influence on the casters. The polyurethane casters are flexible at low temperatures of minus 45 degrees Celsius, and the high temperature resistant wheels are easy to rotate at high temperatures of 150 degrees Celsius.