Application And Testing Standards Of Polyurethane (Pu)
Jan. 11, 2020
The full name of PU is polyurethane. Is a polymer compound. There are two types of polyurethane: polyester and polyether. It can be made into polyurethane plastic (mainly foam plastic), polyurethane fiber (referred to as spandex in China), polyurethane rubber and elastomer. PU skateboard wheels supplier share with you:
Pu Skateboard Wheels
Application of polyurethane:
The main application areas of PU are: replacing stainless steel, tungsten carbide and other metals to reduce costs. Replacing those materials with high abrasion resistance and controlling materials can improve the quality, save maintenance time, and eliminate the damage caused by some parts due to impact. The main application areas of PU are: replacing stainless steel, tungsten carbide and other metals to reduce costs. Substitutes materials with high abrasion resistance and control, which can improve quality,
Save maintenance time and eliminate the damage caused by some parts due to impact.
PU soft foam:
1. Mat materials, such as seats, sofas, mattresses, etc. Polyurethane soft foam is a very ideal cushion material, and the riser pad for skateboard is also the application area with the largest amount of soft foam
2. Sound-absorbing material, open-cell polyurethane soft foam has good sound-absorbing and shock-absorbing functions, and can be used as indoor sound insulation materials;
3. Fabric composite materials, shoulder pads, cotton pads, toys, etc.
PU rigid foam:
1. Freezing and refrigerating equipment, such as refrigerators, freezers, cold storage, refrigerated trucks, etc. Polyurethane rigid foam is the most ideal thermal insulation material for freezing and refrigerating equipment;
2. Industrial equipment insulation, such as storage tanks, pipes, etc .;
3. Construction materials. In Europe and America, polyurethane rigid foam used in construction accounts for about 70% of the total consumption of rigid foam, which is more than double the amount of rigid foam such as refrigerators and freezers. The West is so common, so the potential for development is huge.
PU semi-rigid foam:
1. Energy-absorbing foam, energy-absorbing foam has excellent shock absorption, cushioning performance, good compression load resistance and deformation recovery performance. Its most typical application is for polyurethane wheels for skateboard;
2. Self-skinned foam, used to prepare softening internal functional parts and interior trim parts such as steering wheels, armrests, and headrests. Self-skinning foam products usually adopt reaction injection molding (RIM) processing technology;
3. Microcellular elastomers, polyurethane microcellular elastomers are most typically used in the shoe industry.
Characteristics and testing items of polyurethane materials:
1. Characteristics of polyurethane elastomer: abrasion resistance, wide hardness range, high strength, oil resistance, high bearing capacity, good vibration absorption performance, low temperature resistance, radiation and ozone resistance, mold resistance, biomedical properties, polyurethane coating Layer materials are widely used in the textile and apparel industry. At present, there are problems such as poor moisture permeability, hardening at low temperatures, easy hydrolysis and aging, and unsuitability for long-term storage. Hemp stalk core has developed microporosity, moisture absorption, moisture resistance, antibacterial, anti-ultraviolet, adsorption and reactivity. The achievement completion unit uses natural materials with hemp stalk core with special functions to modify defective polyurethane synthetic materials.
2. Main testing items: apparent density, haze, yellowness, whiteness, swelling ratio, water content, acid value, melting point, hardness, impact strength, tensile properties, melting index, viscosity, mold shrinkage, melting temperature Wait.